If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, or suffered a disabling accident in Omaha, Nebraska, Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury attorneys who offer clients a free, initial consultation during which our lawyers can review your case, help you understand the next steps, and help protect your rights. If you’ve suffered a serious or life-altering injury, you may be facing high medical expenses, lost wages due to missed days from work, and may be struggling to recover if you’ve become disabled. Rensch & Rensch Law can review your case during your free personal injury consultation, help you understand your rights, and our firm may be able to assist you with seeking a recovery for your losses. How can you make the most of your first meeting with our personal injury attorneys?
What to Bring to Your First Meeting with a Personal Injury Lawyer
Make the most of your free initial consultation with your personal injury lawyer—bring as much information about your accident and case as you can. Bring bills, pay stubs, and any correspondence you might have. Here’s a checklist of the things you should bring to your initial consultation with your personal injury lawyer:
- Police Reports. If you called the police at the scene of the crash, you should have a police report or at least information about the officer who responded to the scene of your accident. Bring copies of any police reports or accident reports you might have.
- Contact Information of Other Parties Involved. After an accident, it is important to gather as much information from other parties as possible after your crash. Bring names, contact information, and insurance information of the other drivers who may have been responsible for your accident to your free initial consultation with Rensch & Rensch Law.
- Contact Information of Witnesses. If anyone saw your accident, you should take down this person’s name and contact information. Bring this information to your free, initial consultation with Rensch & Rensch Law. Witness testimony can sometimes help our firm build a stronger case.
- Photos. If you took any photos of the damage to your vehicle or any photos at the scene of the crash, you should bring these to your first meeting with the personal injury attorneys at Rensch & Rensch Law. Photos can sometimes shed light on what happened during a crash.
- Medical Bills. If you have received any medical bills or if you have received bills for rehabilitation, bring these bills to your meeting with Rensch & Rensch Law. Our personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska can use these bills to estimate your damages.
- Diagnosis and Prognosis Reports from Doctors. When you leave the emergency room, the hospital might give you documents outlining your diagnosis and information about follow-up. Ask your doctors for medical reports and diagnosis. Bring any information from your doctors that you might have.
- Pay Stubs and Records of Missed Time from Work. If you’ve had to miss time from work, bring copies of recent pay stubs and any information you might have about days you might have missed from work. Rensch & Rensch Law can use your weekly pay stubs to estimate how much you have lost in wages from your crash, and we may be able to consider your diagnosis and estimate how much time you may miss in the future from work.
- Insurance Policy Paperwork. Rensch & Rensch Law will also want to review your insurance policy to help you understand your coverage and rights.
- Correspondence with Insurance Adjusters. If insurance adjusters have contacted you regarding offering you a settlement, or if you have received any contact from insurance adjusters or your insurance company, bring this paperwork to your initial meeting with Rensch & Rensch Law. Our personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska understand that sometimes insurance adjusters use formulas or estimates to determine the value of your settlement. However, you have the right to receive compensation for your actual losses, not compensation for an estimate. Rensch & Rensch Law may be able to speak to adjusters to help you understand your rights.
- Any other Correspondence You Might Have Had. Have you received letters from other drivers involved in your accident? Have you exchanged emails with your boss about days you missed from work? Did you receive any other letters related to your accident? Bring any relevant information to your free initial consultation with Rensch & Rensch Law, personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska.
In the aftermath of a crash, anything you say or do can impact the outcome of your case. Before responding to letters or making any statements, consider speaking to Rensch & Rensch Law, personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska. Our attorneys can review information related to your accident and help you understand the next steps.
Schedule an Initial Consultation with Rensch & Rensch Law Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a truck accident, motorcycle accident, or car accident, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Contact Rensch & Rensch Law, personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska today to schedule a free, initial consultation with our attorneys. Our caring and compassionate lawyers will work closely with you to help you get the results you may deserve under the law.