If you’ve been hurt in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident in Omaha, Nebraska, you may have many questions. The best way to get clear answers to your questions and concerns is to speak to the personal injury attorneys at Rensch & Rensch Law. Our firm can review the specific details of your case and help you understand the next steps. The answers to the questions below are meant to be purely informative and shouldn’t replace the consultation of a qualified personal injury attorney.

  1. Do I need an attorney to represent me if I’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident? If you’ve been in a minor accident where there were no serious injuries, no major medical expenses, and you are satisfied with the settlement your insurance company is providing, then you may not need the assistance of a personal injury attorney. However, if you have been seriously hurt, if your insurance company is denying your claim or offering you a lower settlement than you think you deserve, or if you have any questions about your claim, you may want to speak to Rensch & Rensch Law, personal injury attorneys in Omaha, Nebraska.
  2. Should I speak to my insurance company after a car, truck, or motorcycle accident? You should always report your accident to insurance companies. However, you are not required to make any statements over the phone. It might be best to ask that insurance companies contact you in writing after you initially report your accident. This way, the personal injury lawyers at Rensch & Rensch Law, in Omaha, Nebraska can review the correspondence and decide how to best respond. If you are not being offered the settlement you think you deserve, or if your settlement is lower than you think you deserve, Rensch & Rensch Law may be able to help.
  3. What damages can I collect after an accident? You may be entitled to seek damages to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you have had to pay for rehabilitation costs, you may be able to recover these losses as well. Your insurance company, the other driver’s insurance company, or the other driver may be responsible for paying for these losses.
  4. What is my case worth? The value of your claim will depend on many circumstances. In order to seek damages for a car accident, you must be less than 50% at fault for the crash under Nebraska law. You can recover damages up to the percentage of fault of the other party. The more at fault the other party is in your crash, the more you may be able to recover. The value of your claim will depend on your medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and on how long you have had to miss from work. How much you make on a weekly basis can impact the value of your claim. If you have been seriously injured, you may also be able to seek pain and suffering damages. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who can use special formulas to estimate the value of your pain and suffering damages.
  5. Do I have a personal injury case? If you have been hurt in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, you may have a personal injury case if the other party was negligent for your crash. A personal injury attorney like Rensch & Rensch Law in Omaha, Nebraska can review your claim.
  6. What is negligence? Negligence refers to one or both party’s fault after a crash. Drivers have a responsibility to be careful, to follow the rules of the road, and to avoid dangerous actions like distracted driving, drinking and driving, or speeding. When drivers fail to take reasonable precautions, they can be found negligent for a crash. Negligence can mean that someone may not have been as careful as they should have been before the accident occurred. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury attorneys in Omaha, Nebraska who can help you understand your rights and understand the role negligence may play in your crash.
  7. Will I need to go to court? Many personal injury cases can be settled outside of court. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who can speak to insurance adjusters, demand money from negligent parties, and fight for your rights through negotiation and demand letters. If demand letters fail, or if insurance companies wrongfully deny your claim or fail to settle, then Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who can take you through the next steps, which could include court or a trial.
  8. How long do I have to make a claim? Under Nebraska law, you have up to four years to make a claim for your personal injuries. Yet, you should contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible because it can take some time to gather evidence and build a strong case.
  9. What is the difference between a car accident claim, a truck accident claim, and a motorcycle accident case? Car accident claims can differ from motorcycle or truck accident claims. Car accident claims generally involve both drivers’ insurance companies and both drivers, while truck accident claims might involve many more stakeholders. In addition to the truck driver, and the truck driver’s insurance, the truck driver may work for a company that may also be responsible for the accident. Shipping companies, mechanics, and other parties may have also played a role in your crash. Motorcycle accident claim are also unique because they tend to involve more serious injuries and losses and they may involve more complexities when it comes to determining negligence.
  10. I can’t afford a personal injury attorney, what should I do? Contact Rensch & Rensch Law today to learn more about our fee structure and how we may be able to help you seek the recovery you may deserve. We only get paid if you win.

In the aftermath of a car accident, motorcycle accident, or truck accident, you have rights. Asking the right questions is an important first step in getting the recovery you may deserve. The questions above are meant to provide only general information. The specifics of your case might differ widely. Speak to Rensch & Rensch Law, personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska today to learn more.

Legal Marketing Solutions by USAttorneys.com
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation

Designed by