Rear-End Collision Lawyer in Omaha, Nebraska
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a rear-end collision in Omaha, Nebraska, Rensch & Rensch Law are rear-end collision lawyers who may be able to help you seek damages for your medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. The Washington Post reports that approximately 500,000 people are injured in rear-end collisions each year. When rear-end collisions occur, the driver in the rear is almost always at fault. This makes rear-end collision car accident claims straightforward as far as determining negligence is concerned. However, it can be helpful to have a rear-end collision lawyer in Omaha, Nebraska like Rensch & Rensch Law on your side. Our attorneys can review your medical expenses, review the time you missed from work, and our firm can estimate the value of your claim. We can speak to insurance adjusters to help you fight for the best possible settlement permitted under the law. If you have been hurt in a rear-end collision in Omaha, Nebraska, reach out to Rensch & Rensch Law today. Our rear-end collision lawyers can offer you a free initial consultation during which we’ll review your case, estimate the value of your claim, and offer you an honest assessment of your case.
Types of Injuries in Rear-End Collisions
While rear-end collisions can result in all types of injuries, some of the more common injuries associated with rear-end collisions are whiplash, traumatic brain injury, back and neck injuries, spinal cord injuries, and PTSD. Any of these types of injuries can result in missed time from work, a long recovery period, and lifestyle changes. Here are some consequences of rear-end collisions:
- Whiplash. Whiplash occurs when the neck is subjected to a sudden back and forth motion, commonly associated with rear-end vehicle collisions. According to the Mayo Clinic, the symptoms of whiplash include neck pain and stiffness in the neck, limited range of motion in the neck, headaches, shoulder pain or arm pain, tingling or numbness in the arms, fatigue, and dizziness. Individuals might also experience problems sleeping, changes in vision, problems concentrating, mood changes, and depression. If you or a loved one is suffering from any of these symptoms following a rear-end collision, speak to the personal injury lawyers at Rensch & Rensch Law today. Our firm may be able to help you seek damages for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- TBI. Traumatic brain injury can also occur following a rear-end collision. When the brain is jostled back and forth inside the skull, victims can experience symptoms associated with mild traumatic brain injury. However, sometimes mild traumatic brain injury might not always be diagnosed right away. This is because the signs of this kind of injury may not be visible on scans. Instead, diagnosis of mild traumatic brain injury occurs when victims experience persistent symptoms associated with head trauma. These symptoms can include mood changes, memory problems, sleep problems, changes in vision, and dizziness. Mild traumatic brain injury might not always be diagnosed after an accident. If you or a loved one have been in a rear-end collision and experience any of these symptoms, you may want to speak to a personal injury lawyer like Rensch & Rensch Law in Omaha, Nebraska today.
- Back and neck injuries. Back and neck injuries stemming from rear-end collisions can lead to immense pain and may result in individuals missing time from work or being unable to care for children or loved ones. If you have suffered a back or neck injury in a rear-end collision, reach out to Rensch & Rensch Law, car accident lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska today.
- PTSD. Post-traumatic stress disorder can develop after a person suffers any kind of traumatic event. A rear-end collision can result in individuals experiencing problems sleeping, mood changes, and exhibiting avoidance behaviors. If you or a loved one develops any of these symptoms after a crash, you may want to seek medical attention and speak to the rear-end collision lawyers at Rensch & Rensch Law in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Spinal cord injury. In a serious rear-end collision, the neck can be snapped back and forth with such force that it results in a spinal cord injury. These injuries are among the most serious that a person can sustain and can result in life-long paralysis and disability. If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury in a rear-end collision, speak to Rensch & Rensch Law in Omaha, Nebraska today.
These are just some of the injuries that individuals can suffer following a rear-end collision. If you’ve been hurt, you may have the right to seek damages from negligent parties and insurance companies. Contact Rensch & Rensch Law, personal injury attorneys in Omaha, Nebraska today.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions are almost always the fault of the driver in the rear. Some of the factors that can lead to rear-end collisions are distracted driving, speeding, tailgating, and breaking the rules of the road. Regardless of the speed or road conditions, drivers have a responsibility to leave sufficient space between their car and the car in front of them so that they can come to a stop in an emergency. This means that drivers should always adjust their speed and distance between cars to the conditions of the road. Tailgating and speeding can result in rear-end collisions. In some cases, tailgating alone or speeding alone can lead to these kinds of crashes. At higher speeds, rear-end collisions can be more dangerous and result in more serious injuries. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a rear-end collision in Omaha, Nebraska, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who may be able to help you seek damages from negligent parties or seek a settlement with insurance companies. Contact our firm today to learn more.