How to Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer in Omaha, Nebraska
The aftermath of a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or other serious personal injury can be stressful and confusing. You might be facing medical expenses, lost wages due to missed days at work, and significant pain and suffering. One of the ways that you can protect yourself after an accident is by contacting a personal injury lawyer near you to navigate the insurance claims process and to help you seek a recovery from negligent parties. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who may be able to assist you with your personal injury claim.
How should you go about choosing a personal injury lawyer in Omaha, Nebraska? You’ll want to find a lawyer who specializes in the area of the law related to your injury. You’ll also want to find an attorney with whom you feel comfortable sharing personal information related to your injury. Before choosing your lawyer, consider speaking to several attorneys. The right attorney for you is the one who can explain the next steps for your case in plain English and who can offer you a clear road map forward. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who work with individuals who have been hurt in car crashes, motorcycle accidents, and in truck accidents.
10 Questions to Ask Your Personal Injury Lawyer During Your First Meeting
Your first meeting with a personal injury lawyer is important because it will give you a good idea of the value of your claim, whether you have a claim in the first place, and will give you a sense of whether you want to work with the lawyer. Come prepared to the meeting with information about your accident, including police reports, correspondence with insurance companies, pictures from the accident, contact information of witnesses, medical records, medical bills, pay stubs from your job, and any other costs you might have faced related to your accident. Rensch & Rensch Law are Omaha, Nebraska personal injury lawyers who can review this information and help you understand the next steps during your initial, free consultation with our lawyers. Here are some questions you may also want to ask during you initial meeting:
- How does your fee structure work? Personal injury lawyers get paid when they make a recovery for you. However, some attorneys may charge for incidentals like copies, postage for filings, or for special services like medical experts. Rensch & Rensch Law are Omaha, Nebraska personal injury lawyers who are happy to speak to you about our fee structure. We can give you a better sense of what services you might need after reviewing our case. Come speak to us today for a free, initial consultation. We understand that victims of personal injuries might be facing immense financial pressures. You can afford to work with us.
- What area of personal injury do you specialize in? There are many different types of personal injury lawyers—from attorneys who handle medical malpractice claims to lawyers who handle car accident or truck accident claims. Rensch & Rensch Law work with car accident victims, truck accident victims, and motorcycle accident victims in Omaha, Nebraska. If you have been injured in another manner, speak to our attorneys today to learn more about how we can help, or we can refer you to an attorney who may be better able to assist you.
- Do I have a personal injury case? Not all accident victims need the help of a lawyer to seek a recovery and some cases won’t be able to see a recovery at all. When you speak to Rensch & Rensch Law, personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska, we’ll review the details of your case to help you understand whether you have a valid claim under the law and can offer an honest assessment about whether we may be able to help you.
- How much do you think my case is worth? Every case is unique and the value of your claim will depend on many factors, including your medical bills, lost wages, and the seriousness of your injury. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury attorneys who can review your medical bills, look at your pay stubs, review your injury types and estimate the value of your claim. Our firm may also want to speak to experts to determine whether your disability is permanent because it can sometimes result in a larger claim.
- Are you willing to take my case to court? Not all cases need to go to trial. Many cases can be settled with negotiations and by speaking to insurance adjusters. However, you want to hire a lawyer who is willing to take your case to court if needed. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who aren’t afraid to litigate, if necessary.
- How long do you think it will take to settle my case? The time it will take to settle your case may depend on factors outside your lawyer’s control, like whether the insurance company is willing to cooperate and whether negligent parties are willing to settle. That said, Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury attorneys in Omaha, Nebraska who can offer you a roadmap forward and some general timelines about when things should happen.
- When can I reach you? If you have a question about your claim, you’ll want to know when you can reach your personal injury lawyer. Ask about his or her availability, and whether he or she can be reached on evenings and weekends. Rensch & Rensch Law, personal injury attorneys, in Omaha Nebraska, work closely with clients to keep them up to date about the status of their cases.
- Who will be overseeing your case? In a larger firm, paralegals may oversee your case. When meeting with your lawyer, you’ll want to know who is the primary point of contact. Rensch & Rensch Law work closely with clients to see the best possible outcome for each case we handle.
- What are the next steps? Your lawyer should have a clear road map forward, including helping you understand what steps you should be taking to make a strong case. Rensch & Rensch Law can help you with these next steps.
- How can I improve the chances of my case? Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who can take you through important steps you can take to protect your interests and improve your chances. For example, you might be told not to speak to anyone else about your case and may be asked to avoid social media for a while.
If you have been hurt in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident in Omaha, Nebraska, Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury attorneys who may be able to help you with your case. Our firm can take you through the steps to help you seek damages from negligent parties and from insurance companies. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim, so contact our firm as soon as possible.