A car accident lawyer, like Rensch & Rensch Law may be able to assist you with your car insurance claim in Omaha, Nebraska. In the aftermath of a crash, you and your family might be struggling with rehabilitation appointments and the healing process; you might have many appointments with doctors, and may be struggling with adjusting to life after suffering a disability. This is stressful enough, but car accidents also bring with them potentially serious financial consequences as well. You might also be receiving medical bills in the mail. A car accident lawyer in Omaha, Nebraska like Rensch & Rensch Law may be able to assist you with your insurance claim. According to USAttorneys.com the insurance claim process can sometimes bring with it many unique challenges. These challenges can include delays with your insurance company, denials, or lowball settlement offers. If you have suffered a serious injury in Omaha, Nebraska, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a car insurance claim or to seek damages from negligent parties. Rensch & Rensch Law may be able to assist you today. Here are some ways that a car accident lawyer can help you:
- Estimate the Value of Your Settlement. Before accepting an insurance claim for a serious injury, it can be helpful to know what your claim might be worth. Rensch & Rensch Law is an Omaha, Nebraska car accident attorney who can review your insurance policy, review your medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and other costs to develop an estimate of your losses. We can then look at the settlement your insurance company is offering you with informed eyes and with evidence like medical expenses, medical diagnoses, and pay stubs to support your claim. In some instances, insurance companies might offer a settlement that is less than what your claim might be worth. This might be due to the use of computer programs, algorithms, and formulas to estimate your claim. Or, it might be due to the insurance company not having enough information about your claim. Having a lawyer to review your settlement, review your bills, and to negotiate with insurance companies can make a big difference.
- Negotiate with Insurance Adjusters. When healing from a serious injury, the last thing you want to do is spend time on the phone negotiating with insurance adjusters. Rensch & Rensch Law are Omaha, Nebraska car accident lawyers who can do this work for you, so you and your family can focus on healing.
- Gather Evidence. A car accident attorney can put together an evidence package to provide to insurance adjusters to support the claim you are seeking. Sometimes insurance companies just don’t have the evidence they need to offer you the settlement you might deserve. Rensch & Rensch Law are car accident attorneys in Omaha, Nebraska who may be able to organize the evidence you have to support your claim. We can help you get the documentation you need to provide to your insurance company.
- Speak to the Other Driver’s Insurance Company. Another challenge that victims might face following a car accident is where the other party was potentially negligent. In this situation, the other party’s insurance company blames the victim for the accident, or the other party’s insurance company refuses to pay the claim. If your insurance has to pay out, you could face higher insurance premiums in the future. If the other party was at fault for the crash, his or her insurance might be responsible for paying for losses, respective to the other party’s degree of fault. If the other party was underinsured or uninsured, you may also want to speak to a lawyer to understand your rights.
- Negotiate with Other Parties. If you have received money from your health insurance company to pay for medical care, the insurance company may seek money from your car insurance company. A car accident lawyer like Rensch & Rensch Law can negotiate with these parties so that the claims process goes smoothly.
These are just some of the ways that a car accident lawyer in Omaha, Nebraska can help you with the car insurance claims process. If your claim is very small or if the damage to your vehicle is small, it is entirely possible for you to handle the claim yourself. However, if you have a larger case or a larger settlement amount, sometimes it pays to have a car accident lawyer on your side. If your insurance claim is being denied or delayed, or you disagree with the settlement amount being offered, you may want to reach out to a car accident attorney. If you are not sure whether the settlement amount your car insurance adjuster is offering, a personal injury lawyer like Rensch & Rensch Law in Omaha, Nebraska may be able to help.