If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident in Omaha, Nebraska, you may be entitled to seek damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages from the responsible truck company, truck driver, or from their insurers. Rensch & Rensch Law is a truck accident law firm in Omaha, Nebraska that may be able to help you with your case if you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries in a truck accident. There are many different types of truck accidents, and each of these types of crashes can leave victims permanently disabled or facing weeks to months of rehabilitation. The greatest tragedy is that many of these crash types are highly preventable. Here are several truck accident types, their causes, and what you can do if you or a loved one were hurt in this type of accident:
- Jackknife Truck Accidents. These types of accidents occur when the trailer of the truck slides in a different direction than the truck’s cabin. The truck trailer and cabin may even end up at a ninety degree angle. A truck can slide onto other lanes of traffic, resulting in a serious accident. Many factors can result in truck jackknife accidents, including brake failure, poor vehicle maintenance, speeding, driver fatigue, distracted driving, and driver inexperience. If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck jackknife accident, Rensch & Rensch Law are truck accident lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska that may be able to assist you with investigating the causes of your accident and with seeking damages for your losses.
- Truck Rollover Crashes. Truck rollover accidents are another dangerous type of truck crash. Trucks have a high center of gravity. When a truck driver takes a sharp turn too quickly, a rollover accident can happen. Driver inattention, driver inexperience, fatigued driving, and drunk driving can also result in a rollover accident. If you were hurt in a rollover accident in Omaha, Nebraska, Rensch & Rensch Law are truck accident lawyers near you who may be able to help you seek a settlement from insurance companies, and who may be able to help you with pursuing damages from negligent companies and drivers.
- Wide Turn Accidents. Trucks need a wider turning radius in order to complete a turn. If a driver misjudges a turn, an accident can occur where a car is clipped or pedestrians and bikers are injured. Trucks may also not be permitted to drive on roads that cannot accommodate truck sizes. Many city roads prohibit trucks and some roads may prohibit trucks at certain times in the day. Sometimes drivers make mistakes. If a wide turn error led to your accident, Rensch & Rensch Law are Omaha, Nebraska truck accident attorneys who may be able to assist you with your case.
- Underride Accidents. Trucks have a wide space beneath the tractor trailer. If a truck changes lanes without checking for drivers in a blind spot, cars can end up beneath the truck tractor trailer, with deadly consequences. These can be some of the most serious types of accidents, resulting in serious injuries and even death. While trucks are required to have underride protection devices, not all trucks are required to have these devices installed on the side. Rensch & Rensch Law are truck accident lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska who may be able to assist you if you’ve been hurt in a truck underride accident.
- Brake Failure. When a truck experiences brake failure, the consequences can be catastrophic. Trucks carry significant weight. A runaway truck can endanger other drivers on the road. Truck companies have a responsibility to properly maintain their vehicles. When trucks fail to maintain brakes, brake failure can occur. Rensch & Rensch Law is a truck accident law firm in Omaha, Nebraska who may be able to help you and your family seek damages if truck brake failure resulted in your crash.
- Tire Blowout Crashes. When a truck experiences a tire blowout, the results can be tragic. The driver can lose control of the vehicle. Truck companies are required to properly change tires on a regular basis. When truck companies fail to maintain a regular maintenance schedule, accidents can occur. Rensch & Rensch Law is a truck accident law firm in Omaha, Nebraska that may be able to assist you with seeking damages following a truck tire blowout crash.
These are just some of the types of truck accidents that can leave victims suffering from serious injuries. If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck accident in Omaha, Nebraska, consider reaching out to the truck accident attorneys at Rensch & Rensch Law. Our lawyers can review your claim, estimate the value of your case, and offer you an honest assessment. If you have a case, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Rensch & Rensch Law can review your case and offer you a free initial consultation today.