Serious Strains, Sprains, and Dislocations Accident Lawyer in Omaha, Nebraska
If you have suffered a serious sprain, strain, or dislocation injury after your car accident, motorcycle accident, or truck accident, you may have the right to seek compensation from negligent parties and insurance for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. While many serious sprain, strain, and dislocation injuries can heal with time, some can result in permanent disability, or at the very least, require a long course of rehabilitation for individuals to heal. Rensch & Rensch Law are accident attorneys in Omaha, Nebraska who may be able to assist you with seeking compensation for serious strain, sprain, and dislocation injuries following your car, truck, or motorcycle accident.
Understanding Serious Sprain Injuries
According to WebMD, sprain injuries can range from mild to moderate, to severe. The length of time you’ll need to recover from your injuries as well as the kind of rehabilitation you’ll need will depend on the kind of sprain or strain injury you have experienced. While minor sprains and strains can heal with time, more severe strains and sprains may require surgery. Here are the types of sprain injuries individuals might experience following a car, truck, or motorcycle accident:
- Grade One Sprain. With a grade one sprain, individuals might experience pain and swelling from an overstretched ligament. Rest, ice, compression, and elevation, as well as gentle movement and exercise after a few days of rest is usually sufficient for healing to occur.
- Grade Two Sprain. Because the ligament may have partially torn with this type of injury, physical therapy may be required for a grade two sprain. Individuals may need to immobilize the affected limb or area for a period of time.
- Grade Three Sprain. With a grade three sprain, a person may have completely torn or ruptured the ligament. Extensive physical therapy may be required, and if the ligament doesn’t heal properly, individuals may require surgery.
If you have suffered one of the more serious sprains or strains in your motorcycle accident, car accident, or truck accident, you may be facing a long road to recovery ahead. Rensch & Rensch Law are accident attorneys in Omaha, Nebraska who can assist you with getting the recovery you may deserve from negligent parties. Contact us today to learn more.
Dislocation injuries typically occur where two bones meet. Major joints include the shoulder, elbow, knee, and hip. Any dislocation of these joints can result in serious injury, disability, and a long recovery period. Car accident, motorcycle crashes, and truck accident injuries can include serious dislocations. How can these dislocations impact victims?
- Dislocated Shoulder. This type of injury may require rehabilitation and sometimes even surgery. Sometimes individuals may not be able to work because the shoulder may need to be immobilized for a period of time.
- Dislocated Elbow. A dislocated elbow can require surgery and a long course of rehabilitation. Without proper rehab, the elbow can “lock” up, resulting in reduced range of motion.
- Dislocated Knee. ACL tears and other injuries to the knee, including PCL tears, can be very serious injuries and can come with major complication risks. Doctors may need to perform surgery to prevent damage to nerves or blood vessels. Major knee injuries almost always require some type of surgery.
- Hip Dislocations. This kind of injury can leave individuals facing weeks to months of limited mobility. According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of hip dislocations. Individuals who suffer hip dislocations may also experience a broken leg or fractured pelvis, which can complicate recovery. Recovery can take months with this type of injury.
These are just some of the serious dislocations that can occur following a car, truck, or motorcycle accident. If you or a loved one were hurt and are facing a long recovery ahead, you may be facing economic hardship due to lost wages as a result of missed time from work. Furthermore, you may experience pain and suffering as a result of not being able to enjoy life activities or care for loved ones. Rensch & Rensch Law are personal injury attorneys in Omaha, Nebraska who may be able to help you seek damages for your lost wages, medical costs, and pain and suffering. Contact us today to learn more and to seek justice for your injuries.
Seek a Recovery Today
You may only have a limited time to seek a recovery for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages following a serious dislocation injury or strain and sprain injury following a car, truck, or motorcycle accident. Rensch & Rensch Law are accident lawyers who can review the circumstances of your accident, identify negligent parties, review your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages to help you seek the recovery you may deserve. Contact our accident attorneys today to learn more.